Pageviews last month

Monday, March 22, 2010

GayWheels.com Changes Hands

Launched in 2005 GayWheels.com, the premier website dedicated to identifying gay-friendly auto manufacturers is changing hands.

Founder, Joe LaMuraglia has moved on from his passion to GM as one of their social media gurus. "It wasn't an easy decision.  At the end of the day, the cash flow for the site was tight and I was barely scraping by.  GM recruited me for a social media position and it was a decision I couldn't pass up.  Hot new area + new company = great learning and loads of exposure."

Taking over is Joe Tralongo, who has been with GayWheels since its inception. "I've been with Gaywheels since the start, and Joe and I pretty much see eye to eye on most things. With his sudden departure to GM, I think Joe felt a smooth transition could best be accomplished by having someone from inside the organization take charge. I'm honored that he asked me, and I'm confident I can fill what are undoubtedly a very large pair of shoes."

Tralongo is still reviewing the site's possibilities after the quick departure by LaMuraglia, but he is looking at expanding the content and possibly adding more humor to the editorial to make it a bit more fun. He is also looking to work on adding more video and increasing his efforts in social media.

We wish Talongo well with his new endeavors. Check out their site, especially if you are in the market for new wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!