Hornet is building its user base by doing good, counting on users wanting an alternative to the existing channels, its makers built a friendlier, milder, and focused on promoting a healthy life style, gay social app meant for making friends, keeping in touch, and finding soul mates.
Through their call to action feature Hornet announces issues of critical importance to the gay community, around local events, political engagement, human rights at home and abroad, most recently supporting in solidarity the fight to win back St Petersburg as a gay mecca.
Unlike most other gay SNS and Grindr, Hornet uses an HTTPS secure connection and SSL certificates as known from your Online Banking.
Hornet App is available on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) and Android. To get it from the Apple App Store, go here http://bit.ly/askhrnt. To Find it in the google market visit http://bit.ly/hornetandroid
- Hornet is a gay social and dating app with these key features:
- Fun natural way to swipe between profiles using your finger to scroll left and right from profile to profile and up and down for member photos.
- This GPS location based application acts like a gay radar to find gay and curious men in your area. Browse the guys closest to you in feet or meters.
- The app also has an explore feature: if you work in one spot and live in another or are planning a trip, you can explore other geography and see who is using Hornet there by setting your location to any desired location.
- Cruise and Chat with guys you want to meet for dates, friendship or to show you around the city.
Hornet Networks is gay owned, developer and distributer of the Hornet iPhone Application—a location-based mobile dating and social network that that lets you meet new friends based on criteria you set including geography, share photos quickly by sharing preloaded galleries, and keep notes about people you chat with. Founders and backers include the ranks of LGBT at Microsoft, Linkedin, and Silicon Valley venture technologists. www.gethornet.com