Pageviews last month

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Insider Talk: Being Gay at Target


Daniel Duty, out employee at Target and co-sponsor of the company's GLBT business council, shares his perspective on being gay at Target and how the company overcame recent public and media backlash. 
 
dot429 Exclusive
Daniel Duty is the Director of Enterprise Strategy at Target.  In 1992, Duty was appointed by Target's CEO as a co-sponsor of the company's LGBT business council.  Duty provides an insider's perspective on being gay at Target and how the company overcame public and media backlash for supporting a candidate that opposed gay rights.

What is it like to be gay at Target?  What is the general attitude towards LGBT people?

Duty: It's funny that you ask that question.  I couldn't imagine working anywhere else as a gay person.  I've had a fantastic career here for the last 10 years.  I started many, many pay grades below where I am today.  Target has been nothing but supportive of me and my career.  As an out gay man who has been advocating very intentionally both inside and outside the company for inclusiveness, the only things that I've gotten back from Target are praise, reward, and support.  And you could hear that story from people across this company, because I talk to them all the time.

Read on on dot429

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!