Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Phoenix Teen To Raise Awareness On Bullying & Diversity

Caleb Laieski, a high school student who was bullied, followed home and threatened for being gay, is now the youngest advocate on loan in the Phoenix Mayor’s Office and working to make a difference.
Laieski, 17, as a youth and diversity liaison, will work to raise awareness about bullying and diversity and serve as a point of contact for youth issues.

I am honored to have the opportunity to work for one of the largest cities in our nation, and I look forward to continue making Phoenix a safer place for our entire community,” Laieski said. “Being a youth myself, I feel that this opportunity will allow me to bring a young person’s perspective to the administration. During my time in this office, I will strive to see the dropout rate lower, intervention by school administrations steadily increase and the suicide rate rapidly decline.”

Read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!