Award for Workplace Equality InnovationThe Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index has been a key driver for advancing forward-thinking policies within corporate America and the change has been nothing short of remarkable.
Out of this enormous progress, individual businesses have developed truly innovative programs/initiatives that contribute to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workplace inclusion. The HRC Award for Workplace Equality Innovation will help drive innovation by highlighting emerging, effective practices.
Who Should ApplyEmployers that rate 100% on the HRC Corporate Equality Index are welcome to apply. Some examples of innovative programs may include, but are not limited to:
- LGBT programs that turn policies into practice following mergers & acquisitions or in decentralized organizations
- LGBT recruitment and retention programs such as optional self-identification, eliminating "front door" bias and promoting LGBT managers (senior-level)
- Model transgender benefits
- Performance metrics on LGBT workplace issues
- LGBT supplier diversity or supply-chain management
- LGBT global policies and programs
- Other programs or efforts that significantly changed the workplace climate for LGBT employees and allies
- 2011 Application (.doc - Microsoft Word 2003)